Sunday, March 4, 2012

St. Jude Run Chicago To Peoria-The Ultimate Run

I've had a few readers lately say that they miss my blogs! Thanks gals (and guys) I forget that people still read this. See here's the deal, at work part of my job is to post 2 blogs a day. And sometimes this can be a teadious process. Plus, they are alllll about webhits and suprisingly even for the "sex, drug and rock n roll" crowd my run blogs get decent hits and my work encourages them. Tuesday is usually the day I post those blogs so you can watch for them at 1057thexrocks.com. However, I am going to make an effort at copying them here. Starting with this one because its super duper important!

Every year I always say that I’m going to get off my hiney and do something for charity and this year and hopefully for many years to come I will continue to do this; run for those who can’t! I’m officially a St. Jude runner!

In case you’ve never herd of the the St. Jude Run here’s the history on the run. The St. Jude Memphis to Peoria Run, the idea of Co-founders Mike McCoy and Gene Pratt, began with the idea of a way to raise money for their favorite charity, St. Jude. The concept of driving to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis and then running back, relay-style, to the St. Jude Midwest Affiliate in Peoria, has come to be one of the foremost charity running events in the nation. Each year since 1982, runners have paid for the honor to participate in this unique, 465-mile event that has raised over $12 million for St. Jude kids. Because not everyone can participate in the more rigorous Memphis to Peoria Run, auxiliary runs were started from communities throughout Illinois and Missouri.”

I am participating in one of the auxiliary runs, I’ll be running on the Peoria Police team from Chicago to Peoria! Overwhelmed. Excited. Nervous! Those are just some of the emotions I’m feeling at this moment. Of course this is all for kids. I have a fundraising goal of $1250 and made the first donation of $60! The run will be taking place this year on July 21st. Please visit my page-www.stjudepeoriaruns.org/akinkade, donate and share, share it everywhere facebook, twitter, google+ and anywhere else you can think of.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Anna! I love your candid blogs! Sometimes we hate to talk about the sensitive stuff like the trots and chaffing in bad places! It's good to hear others handle this so thanks for reposting! Will follow you on 105.7x blog!

    ReplyDelete